WISCONSIN RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (WRAP)
Have you lost income due to COVID-19 and are unable to pay your rent? You can apply for assistance by clicking on the Pre-Screen application link below. Available in English and Spanish
Ha perdido sus ingresos debido al COVID-19 y no ha podido pagar su renta? Ahora puede aplicar para la asistencia al visitar www.lakeshorecap.org y hacer click en el enlace para aplicación de preevaluació. Esta disponible en iglés y español.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING WRAP APPLICATIONS!!!
If you have already applied, please note that we are going through the applications as quickly as we can. Do NOT reapply. However, you can speed up the process by being “document ready” when we get to your application by gathering the following items BEFORE we contact you. Have ready:
- Verification that income was lost DUE TO COVID-19
- Verification of the pr, 80% County evious month’s income
- Statement from your landlord indicating how much you owe or an eviction notice, if applicable
- Social security numbers for every household member
- Copy of ID (drivers license or WI ID) for the head of the household
- Valid lease
- Utility account numbers for the Energy Assistance portion of the application
There will be additional information requested but this is what we need to determine your eligibility first. If you have these documents ready, it will speed the process along for everyone!
IF YOU ARE POTENTIALLY ELIGIBLE AND ASKED TO PROVIDE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, YOUR CASE WORKER WILL INSTRUCT YOU ON HOW TO GET THEM TO LAKESHORE CAP
In collaboration with the Department of Administration through the CARES Act, Lakeshore CAP is assisting households in Manitowoc, Door, Sheboygan and Kewaunee counties who are struggling with paying rent because of an income loss due to COVID-19.
The program may provide financial assistance for rent and security deposits for eligible households who have experienced income loss resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. WRAP can award up to 3 months of rent — not to exceed $3,000 per household — in a combination of rental payments and/or security deposits paid directly to landlords.
Eligible costs include direct financial assistance for owed rent and security deposits. Requirements:
- Income must be at or below 80% County Median Income (CMI)* in the month of or prior to application date (see table below),
- you must be 18 year or older,
- have a valid lease,
- at least one household member must have a social security number, and
- you can’t be in another government support housing (i.e. public housing or Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher recipient).
*80% CMI (County Median Income): Follow this link to see the income limits in Manitowoc, Door, Kewaunee and Sheboygan counties to qualify for assistance: WRAP 80% CMI June 2020
IF YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED A LOSS OF INCOME BECAUSE OF COVID-19, YOU WILL NOT QUALIFY FOR THIS PROGRAM
You will receive an email (if you have an address) confirming your submission. Eligible households will be scheduled for a phone call to obtain additional information. If you are not eligible, you will receive resources for other programs and services. Please have the above listed information ready for our call if you are potentially eligible.
This program is made possible through funding from the Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.