LAKESHORE LANDLORD TRAINING
If you are a landlord or property owner in Manitowoc County, know your rights and responsibilities!
- Friday, November 2, 2018
- Lakeshore CAP, 702 State St, Manitowoc, 2nd Floor
- 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Includes refreshments
The training is FREE; however, if you wish to partake in the catered lunch from Maretti’s Deli, it will cost $10 – CASH ONLY – at the door. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED (see below).
PRESENTERS WILL DISCUSS:
- Bed Bugs — Jon Sandberg, Sandberg K9 Solutions LLC
- Capabilities of the K9 team; bedbug behavior, characteristics and life stages; evidence of bed bug presence; where to look and what to do; bed bug mitigation plan.
- Fair Housing Laws — Megan Wanke, Metropolitan Milwaukee Fair Housing Council
- Discussing the Federal and state fair housing laws that make it illegal to discriminate based on a number of protected classes.
- Nuisance Abatement — Manitowoc Police Department
- Enacted to encourage property owners to recognize their responsibility to ensure that activities occurring on their premises conform to the law and do not unduly burden the City’s police and Division of Life Safety Services.
- Updated Landlord/Tenant Law — Travis West, West & Dunn LLC
- Wisconsin’s newest laws governing landlords and tenants. (Act 317 addresses provisions on assistance animals, electronic delivery of documents, credit and background checks, inspections, evictions and more.)
TO REGISTER FOR THE LAKESHORE LANDLORD TRAINING:
Please call Lakeshore CAP at 920-682-3737. Provide the receptionist with the following information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Organization (if applicable)
- Contact phone number
- Will you be eating lunch from Maretti’s Deli? ($10 CASH ONLY at the door) Yes or No
- Dietary restrictions? Yes or No If Yes, please explain:
Vegetarian Vegan Kosher Gluten-free Other:_______________
You may also register on your own by following this link: Lakeshore Landlord Training Registration
The Lakeshore Landlord Training is presented by Lakeshore CAP’s Supportive Housing/Rent Assistance Program. We serve four counties in helping the homeless or those at risk of becoming homeless maintain housing and work towards self-sufficiency. See Lakeshore CAP Supportive Housing for more information.