Lakeshore CAP is Seeking a Community Response Advocate for Manitowoc County
The Community Response Program is offered to families screened out of receiving services by the local Human Services Department. We help them identify their needs and goals and provide resource referrals, education and support as the family works to achieve their goals. The program links families with community resources that address family barriers and develops, with the parent/caregiver, a goal-directed action plan that addresses the needs identified. The participating family will receive information designed to link them to applicable programs and services that: promote increased financial stability of the household, strengthen the parent/child relationship, promote healthy childhood growth and development. Program staff advocate for families with service providers as necessary to obtain needed services. The primary focus of this position is to assist parents in developing additional skill sets required to assist in overcoming severe stressors which represent barriers to the household.
- Provide regularly scheduled visits for individualized family support based on the family’s needs.
- Assist families in developing individualized goal plans.
- Build a trusting relationship with the family, and build on the family’s strengths while providing resource and referral information.
- Interact with families in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Provide an ongoing assessment of the family’s strengths and needs and provide strength-based, family-centered support as necessary.
- Serve as a family advocate when necessary.
- Work with families to assure the safety of the child is adequately maintained.
- Recognize accomplishments the family has achieved and provide positive feedback.
- Maintain notes and family records, intake forms, statistical data, and other documentation as directed and in accordance with program policies and procedures.
- Comply with all confidentiality requirements of the agency.
- Participate in regular supervision with supervisory staff and utilize group-based problem-solving techniques whenever needed.
- Familiarize yourself with other agency programs and additional resources, and directly seek out resources from other avenues as necessary to meet the needs of the participant households.
- Participate in agency staff meetings, training sessions, networking meetings and other events as directed.
Eligible candidates should adhere to the following: Bachelor’s degree, Associate Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred or two years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of Human Services, Social Work, Counseling or other related area.
20 hours per week $12/hour
Job Type: Part-time, Temporary
- Must have the following license or certification: valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Must be willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local law/regulations
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to the Community Response Supervisor at email@example.com.