Manitowoc Salvation Army Coats for Kids & Community Christmas Program
The Manitowoc Salvation Army is gearing up for another season of their Community Christmas Program, providing gifts and food baskets to families in need during the holidays and their Coats for Kids Program. See the information below for sign up dates, times, and required documents. Both programs share the same sign up days and times for your convenience; therefore, please read the following information carefully! Your shopping date/time will be given to you at registration.
Manitowoc Salvation Army sign up location:
- 415 N 6th Street — Please NO CHILDREN During Sign Up
Scheduled Registration Days for Coats for Kids and Christmas Program:
- Monday, September 24, 9:00 AM-noon
- Tuesday, September 25th, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Thursday, September 27th, 9:00 AM-noon
ADDITIONAL TOY SHOP REGISTRATION DAY:
- Thursday, November 15th, 9:00 AM-noon
- OR — Adults with no minor children may sign up for a food basket with a photo ID and proof of address
Assistance is based on household income. The following information is REQUIRED by applicants at the time of sign up:
- Identity: Photo ID
- Residence: Proof of current address (utility bills, piece of mail)
- Income: Proof of income for the past 30 days (soc. security stubs, paycheck stubs)
- Household: Proof of children and all family members living in your home (FoodShare benefits package, free/reduced lunch statements, custody agreements)
Coats for Kids & Toy Distribution Dates
- Fall Coat Distribution Day — October 27 — By appointment given at the time you register
- Christmas Toy Shop — December 11-13 — Please, NO CHILDREN during toy shopping!
Coats and Volunteers Needed!
New and gently used coats may be donated beginning September 10th at many area sites listed on the Salvation Army website here: Programs & Services. Furthermore, volunteers are sought for coat distribution. Even if a volunteer has only a few hours to spare, we need you for set-up and the day of distribution. The Manitowoc Salvation Army can be reached at 920-684-7117.