Manitowoc Salvation Army Community Christmas Program & Coats for Kids
The Manitowoc Salvation Army is gearing up for another season of their Community Christmas Program, providing gifts and food baskets to families in need during the holiday season and their Coats for Kids Program. See the information below for sign up dates, times, and required information. Please look carefully at the following information as both programs share the same sign up days and times for your convenience.
Manitowoc Salvation Army sign up location:
- 415 N 6th Street. Please NO CHILDREN During Sign Up.
Scheduled intake days to register for Coats and Toys:
- September 24, 9:00 AM-noon
- September 25th, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
- September 27th, 9:00 AM-noon
- October 16th, 9:00 AM-noon
Assistance is based on household income. Applicants are required to have the following information at the time of sign up:
- Photo ID
- Proof of current address (utility bills, piece of mail)
- Proof of income for the past 30 days (soc. security stubs, paycheck stubs)
- Proof of children and all family members living in your home (FoodShare benefits package, free/reduced lunch statements, custody agreements)
- Coat Distribution Day — October 27 — By appointment given at the time you register
- Christmas Toy Shop — December 16-19 — Please, NO CHILDREN during toy shopping!
Coats and Volunteers Needed!
New and gently used coats may be donated beginning September 10th at many area sites listed on the Salvation Army website at Programs & Services. Volunteers are also sought for coat distribution. Even if a volunteer has only a few hours to spare, they are needed for set-up and the day of distribution. The Manitowoc Salvation Army can be reached at 920-684-7117.