City of Sheboygan/Lakeshore CAP
Click on this link and fill out all information to be considered for assistance:
READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE FILLING OUT PRE-SCREEN APPLICATION!
The City of Sheboygan and Lakeshore Community Action Program are proud to announce the Mortgage Assistance Program for City of Sheboygan homeowners who have been affected by COVID-19.
This program is funded through Community Development Block Grant-COVID relief funds received by the City of Sheboygan.
- The house must be located in the City of Sheboygan (Zip codes of 53081, 53082, 53083)
- The applicant must reside in the home for which the assistance is provided
- Household income must be below 80% County Median Income. Chart located here:
Household Income Limits.pdf
- Household cannot be eligible for forbearance.
- Head of Household must be able to document that unpaid mortgage payments were the result of a COVID-19-related loss.
- Household cannot be more than 5 months behind in payments.
The Mortgage Assistance Program will provide up to 3 months of mortgage assistance to eligible households. For questions please call Lakeshore CAP at: (920) 682-3737.
GATHER DOCUMENTATION WHILE YOU WAIT!!!
Start locating/requesting documents below — prior to the program opening — in the event you are eligible for assistance.
- Documentation showing mortgage payments made between July 1, 2019 and the date you lost your income due to COVID-19.
- Bank statements for all checking and savings accounts for the 3 months prior to application.
- All income information, including unemployment, for the 3 months prior to application.
- Proof that you were not behind on mortgage payments until a COVID related incident happened.
- Proof that you are not eligible for forbearance.(delaying payments)
- Photo ID of applicant (head of household only)
- Income statements for the 3 months prior to your loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Amount of government assistance received due to COVID-19 (other mortgage assistance, unemployment, other).
- Plus, any other documentation requested by Lakeshore CAP’s caseworker.