Suicide Prevention Education Night
With suicide rates in Manitowoc County at an all-time high, you are invited to attend this “Suicide Prevention” community event. The county’s rate is much higher than Wisconsin’s statewide average of 13.3 per 100,000 people, according to the America’s Health Rankings 2016 report.
Presenters at this event will speak about how you can help and respond to this crisis in our community.
- Tuesday, January 21st, 2020
- Starts at 6:30 PM in the C.E. Bray Library
- Valders Area School District, 138 E Wilson St, Valders
- Kimberley Welk & Associates
- Manitowoc County Health Department
- Manitowoc County Suicide Prevention Group
- Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Department
- Allies in Mental Health Education
- Sources of Strength
See Lakeshore CAP’s web page listing many local, regional and national resources for individuals and their loved ones, offering confidential support to people in a mental health crisis, suicidal crisis or emotional crisis:
The Lighthouse Recovery Community Center (LRCC) presents RECOVERY COACH TRAINING
- November 7th-10th
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Beacon Organizational Consulting
- 814 Washington Street
- Manitowoc, WI 54220
The cost of the training is $400 which includes materials and lunches. There are limited scholarships available. Registration closes October 28th.
Included in the cost of this 4-day intensive training:
- All course materials
- Daily lunch
- Certificate of completion from the CCAR
The Connecticul Community Recovery Coach Academy© (CCAR) is an intensive training academy focusing on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs. The Academy prepares participants by helping them to actively listen, ask really good questions, and discover and manage their own stuff.
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© participants will:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self disclosure and sharing your story
- Understand the stages of recovery
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
Feel free to contact LRCC at 920-374-4433 or email at email@example.com if you have any questions.