Mortgage Assistance Program
Click this LINK for: Mortgage Assistance Pre-Screen Application
For Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Door and Kewaunee county homeowners whose income has been affected by COVID-19. See NEWS article for information at: https://lakeshorecap.org/lakeshore-cap-mortgage-assistance-program/
Property Tax Assistance Program
Click this LINK for: Property Tax Pre-Screen Application
For Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Door and Kewaunee county homeowners whose income has been impacted by COVID-19. See information and eligibility in NEWS article at: https://lakeshorecap.org/lakeshore-cap-property-tax-assistance-program/
Welcome To Lakeshore Community Action Program (Lakeshore CAP)
Helping individuals and families achieve economic self-sufficiency and well-being through results-based programming in Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan Counties
LAKESHORE CAP PROGRAMMING CONTINUES
To do our part in social distancing, Lakeshore CAP offices are closed to the public until further notice; HOWEVER, we will continue to serve those in need!
If you are currently participating in any of our programs that provide case management or home visits, you will be contacted by our staff to discuss how we would like to continue to support you during this time. We are working to keep you safe! Please reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message at 920-682-3737 if you have questions. (This website provides information on our each of programs in your county.) For national, state, county and community information, see our web page: https://lakeshorecap.org/covid-19-resources/
- If you are homeless or in need of housing, we continue to be a ‘No Wrong Door’ access point into the supportive housing system. We will be conducting most of our business over the phone. If you are unable to access a phone, we will work to make other arrangements to gather your information and provide support. If you have access to printing an application and mailing it in, the application can be found here: https://lakeshorecap.org/supportive-housing/. Instructions for returning it are on the first page — but we also have a dropbox now in the Manitowoc office lobby and Sheboygan office.
- The Door County Food Pantry remains open. Hours of operation are Tuesdays and Thursdays 11AM-4PM. We are happy to serve you if you need food and reside in Door County. Please do NOT bring any reusable bags or boxes to the pantry at this time. In following recommended guidelines, all food will be bagged in new bags and brought to your car. You may designate someone to pick up your groceries (see https://lakeshorecap.org/covid-19-resources/ for details.)
- JAK’s Place: Tuesday evening meals will continue but have been changed to to-go meals. You will not be allowed in the building. Staff will bring your meal to your vehicle. Some JAK’s support groups will be taking place virtually either through Zoom or through Facebook Live. If you are interested in learning when and how to get connected, please click on our Facebook page link JAK’s Place Facebook, call 920-818-0525 to leave a message for Sam, or email email@example.com.
The Lakeshore CAP Mission
To promote economic and personal self-sufficiency and well-being of low to moderate income persons and families through service programs, advocacy, community education and resource development in Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc and Sheboygan counties, and to enable and empower persons, parents and families through voluntary prevention, education and support programs.
The Lakeshore CAP Vision
To foster stable, vibrant, poverty-free communities where everyone is inspired to reach their full potential.
The Lakeshore CAP Values
To truly live our mission and ultimately achieve our vision, these are LCAP’s values:
- Integrity: to do the right thing every time
- Caring: To always interact towards others with empathy and compassion
- Excellence: To strive to exceed expectations.
- Teamwork: To act as one through collaboration, cooperation, and communication
- Perseverance: To tenaciously execute our objective.
Emphasis is placed on practices that promote strong service coordination, collaboration and comprehensive case management. Employees are encouraged to demonstrate creativity and self-motivation in the planning, development and implementation of the tasks required of their position. Interaction with fellow staff persons, as well as program participants, is strength-based in nature and follows a model of servant leadership.
To further Lakeshore CAP’s mission and vision, activities are developed that fulfill the following primary needs for qualified households:
- Community services that meet basic needs for food, clothing and shelter
- Family development services that promote parent education and support
- Child services that provide protection from neglect and abuse
- Housing services to promote safe, decent and affordable home ownership
- Skills programming that stimulates job and business development
Wisconsin Counties We Serve
Included in some programs: (check “Programs by County” for programming in your area.)