Helping People, Changing Lives
The Lakeshore CAP Mission
To promote economic and personal self-sufficiency and well-being of low to moderate income persons and families through service programs, advocacy, community education and resource development in Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc and Sheboygan counties and to enable and empower persons, parents and families through voluntary prevention, education and support programs.
Emphasis is placed on practices that promote strong service coordination, collaboration and comprehensive case management. Employees are encouraged to demonstrate creativity and self-motivation in the planning, development and implementation of the tasks required of their position. Interaction with fellow staff persons, as well as program participants, is strength-based in nature and follows a model of servant leadership.
Welcome To Lakeshore Community Action Program (Lakeshore CAP)
Increasing Economic and Personal Self-Sufficiency in Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc and Sheboygan Counties
To further Lakeshore CAP’s mission, activities are developed that fulfill the following primary needs for qualified households:
- Community services that meet basic needs for food, clothing and shelter
- Family development services that promote parent education and support
- Child services that provide protection from neglect and abuse
- Housing services to promote safe, decent and affordable home ownership
- Skills programming that stimulates job and business development
Included in some programs: (check “Programs by County” for programming in your area.)