Housing Stability Services
Housing stability services is a case management program intended to assist households in obtaining or maintaining housing stability. This means that individuals can work closely with a WERA Housing Stability Specialist to secure housing and apply for different community resources.
Click HERE to apply for Housing Stability Services
Acceder a la Aplicación en Español
Wisconsin Help for Homeowners
- Click this LINK for: Wisconsin Help for Homeowners Application
Wisconsin Help for Homeowners (WHH) is a statewide program that can help with overdue bills like mortgage payments, property taxes, and utilities. The program is open to homeowners in Wisconsin with overdue housing-related bills, both with and without a mortgage, who meet income and other eligibility requirements, and have experienced a qualified economic
hardship since January 21, 2020.
Supportive Housing/Rental Assistance
For Lakeshore CAP’s rental assistance program — not related to COVID-19 — download or print an application below:
If you live in Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Door, or Kewaunee County, use the following applications:
(ENGLISH) | (SPANISH) | (HMONG)
Click HERE to download a copy of our appeal/grievance non-discrimination policy
Welcome To Lakeshore Community Action Program (Lakeshore CAP)
Helping individuals and families achieve economic self-sufficiency and well-being through results-based programming in Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan Counties
- If you are homeless or in need of housing, we continue to be a ‘No Wrong Door’ access point into the supportive housing system. We will be conducting most of our business over the phone. If you are unable to access a phone, we will work to make other arrangements to gather your information and provide support. If you have access to printing an application and mailing it in, the application can be found here: https://lakeshorecap.org/supportive-housing/. Instructions for returning it are on the first page — but we also have a dropbox now in the Manitowoc office lobby and Sheboygan office.
- The Door County Food Pantry remains open. Hours of operation are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 AM-4 PM. We are happy to serve you if you need food and reside in Door County. Please do NOT bring any reusable bags or boxes to the pantry at this time. In following recommended guidelines, all food will be bagged in new bags and brought to your car. You may designate someone to pick up your groceries (see https://lakeshorecap.org/covid-19-resources/ for details.)
- JAK’s Place: Tuesday evening meals will continue but have been changed to to-go meals. You will not be allowed in the building. Staff will bring your meal to your vehicle. JAK’s support groups are taking place virtually and in person. Space is limited within the building, contact JAK’s Place for more information. If you are interested in learning when and how to get connected, please click on our Facebook page link JAK’s Place Facebook, call 920-818-0525 to leave a message for Sam, or email email@example.com.
Helping People, Changing Lives
The Lakeshore CAP Mission
To promote economic and personal self-sufficiency and well-being of low to moderate-income persons and families through service programs, advocacy, community education, and resource development in Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan counties, and to enable and empower persons, parents, and families through voluntary prevention, education and support programs.
The Lakeshore CAP Vision
To foster stable, vibrant, poverty-free communities where everyone is inspired to reach their full potential.
The Lakeshore CAP Values
To truly live our mission and ultimately achieve our vision, these are LCAP’s values:
- Integrity: to do the right thing every time
- Caring: To always interact towards others with empathy and compassion
- Excellence: To strive to exceed expectations.
- Teamwork: To act as one through collaboration, cooperation, and communication
- Perseverance: To tenaciously execute our objective.
Emphasis is placed on practices that promote strong service coordination, collaboration, and comprehensive case management. Employees are encouraged to demonstrate creativity and self-motivation in the planning, development, and implementation of the tasks required of their position. Interaction with fellow staff persons, as well as program participants, is strength-based in nature and follows a model of servant leadership.
To further Lakeshore CAP’s mission and vision, activities are developed that fulfill the following primary needs for qualified households:
- Community services that meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter
- Family development services that promote parent education and support
- Child services that provide protection from neglect and abuse
- Housing services to promote safe, decent, and affordable home ownership
- Skills programming that stimulates job and business development
Wisconsin Counties We Serve
Included in some programs: (check “Programs by County” for programming in your area.)
Helping People; Changing Lives
Lakeshore CAP, Inc. is incorporated in the state of Wisconsin and is exempt from federal income taxes under IRC 501c(3) as a nonprofit corporation.