THE CROSSING OF MANITOWOC COUNTY
The Crossing of Manitowoc County is a non-profit, Christian-based organization with a mission to offer life-affirming help to individuals facing unplanned pregnancies. We believe every person is valued and deserving. We provide free services that will strengthen families from all walks of life. We focus on the well-being of children through educating parents. We enable parents to better provide for, nurture and give value to their families.
Job Title: Development Director
Part Time, 20 hours weekly Wage: $16-18 per hour
Reports to: Executive Director
Qualifications and Skills
- Full agreement with the PSS Statements of Faith, Principle, Commitment, Confidentiality and Interpersonal Conflict resolution.
- Fundraising experience, (2 years preferable), with positive growth in donor and corporate relationship building.
- Good administrative, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written), understanding of marketing concepts, and public relations.
- Self-motivated, dependable, creative, resourceful and responsible.
- Computer friendly, familiar with excel, mail merge, Microsoft Office,
Note: everything in green is the responsibility of the Executive Director until further update.
Overview of Responsibilities
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Advancement Director (AD) will spearhead advancement efforts to provide for The Crossing as the organization continues to grow. Advancement Director will meet weekly with the Executive Director to report and discuss progress and challenges of securing financial support by managing fundraising events, and building relationships with churches, individuals, corporations and grantors, to insure the financial security of the organization.
- Serve as a member of the Advancement Committee
- Submit a monthly report to ED
- Submit fundraising revenue proposal in preparation for annual budget.
- Build relationships with community leaders
- Provide donor, corporate, church, and grantor giving statistics and comparisons; and program statistics, to help determine effectiveness and focus.
Coordinate with ED and volunteers to:
- Maintain up to date database of area churches and church contacts.
- Recruit and equip local church liaisons with information to promote The Crossing (i.e. baby bottle campaign, SOHLS, table hosts for fundraiser, diaper drives, etc.)
- Develop a plan for church visits, speaking engagements, and office tours.
- Acknowledge participating churches.
- Grow and recognize current corporate relationships.
- Initiate and develop new corporate relationships, schedule office tours and meetings, inviting collaboration for financial partnership, diaper drives, and underwriting.
- Develop and execute a strategy to recognize and reach out to new and current donors inviting them to greater participation.
- Timely response to donor concerns, requests, and gifts, with special attention to first time and key donors.
- Work with Advancement Team to strategize for annual fundraiser, and Change A Life Campaign, and other event ideas.
- Work with ED to execute and oversee events.
- Work with ED to develop narrative for grant writing.
- Write approx. 25 grants per year
- Maintain detailed note of grants written and received, due dates etc.
- Strategize to raise awareness of endowment and to build endowment base.
- Invite planned giving from donors, either to endowment or to operating revenue.
Mail or email cover letter and resume to:
Sue Bryntesen, Advancement Director
The Crossing of Manitowoc County
205 N 8th St, Manitowoc, WI 54220
Join Us – Social Media