Supportive Housing

Homelessness Prevention/Rental Assistance Programs

Helping the homeless or those at risk of becoming homeless maintain housing and work towards self-sufficiency

Family in apartment

Your first step in applying for Lakeshore CAP’s Supportive Housing Program in Manitowoc & Sheboygan or Door & Kewaunee counties is to fill out a pre-screen application. To print an application, please click on one of the PDFs below. You may also pick up an application at any of our offices during business hours listed at the bottom of our website. (Everyone in the household over 18 must sign.)


Prevention Program provides payment directly to a landlord to help prevent a household from becoming homeless if they are at imminent risk of becoming homeless. This program provides up to one month towards rent if all eligibility criteria are met.

Lakeshore CAP offices are not open to the public during COVID-19 closures but programming is still being offered. Please STILL print an application (below) or email us or call and leave your name, address and phone number and what your needs are. When you have the application, fill it out completely and mail, fax or email it in as noted on the first page. You may also drop it in the lockbox in the lobby of our office at 702 State Street, Manitowoc.

Rapid Rehousing (RRH) uses the Coordinated Entry System by prioritizing households that are the most vulnerable on a list called the “Prioritization List.” Applicants may be referred to the List by Lakeshore CAP or through the partnerships we have with local shelters. A brief assessment is completed and a referral to the List is then made. To qualify for RRH, you must be literally homeless. RRH provides ongoing rental assistance, and households work closely with case managers towards becoming self-sufficient.

Pre-Screen Applications — One for Manitowoc, Sheboygan & Kewaunee counties and one for Door County only in English, Spanish and Hmong

Please print, fill out completely, and sign where indicated (these forms are 9-10 pages long). Keep the pages marked “Client Copy” for your records. Return the application to Lakeshore CAP in one of the ways listed on the first page.

If you are not eligible for our programs, we will refer you to other programs and agencies that may assist you. Also see Resource Lists By County (link below) for agencies that could possibly offer services or assistance in your area.

Resource Lists By County


Call for more information:

Lakeshore CAP/Manitowoc, Kewaunee, Door
(920) 682-3737 — Closed to the public until further notice but staff is working

Lakeshore CAP/Door
(920) 743-0192 — Open T&TH:  7:30AM – 4:PM

Lakeshore CAP/Sheboygan
(920) 803-6991 — Closed to the pubic until further notice but staff is working

For more information please visit:

Wisconsin Homeless Management Information System 

Consumer Notice

This Agency receives funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and/or a federal, state or local public or private entity to provide services for individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. In order to receive this funding, this agency must participate in the Wisconsin Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), which is administered by the Institute for Community Alliances. This system collects basic information about clients receiving services from this agency in order to get an accurate count of individuals and families who are homeless, and to identify the need to provide different services. This agency will collect and share only the information that we consider to be appropriate. The collection and use of all personal information is guided by strict standards of confidentiality. A copy of our Privacy Notice describing our privacy practices is available to all consumers upon request. Your information will be shared with other area agencies that participate in HMIS, unless you request that your information remain closed (confidential). Keeping your information closed means that your information will only be available to case workers and intake workers within this agency. If you are interested in keeping your records closed, please talk to a case manager or intake worker.

Public Notice (Federal Register/Vol. 69, No. 146)
Effective August 30, 2004