A mental health resource center providing structured and social resources to those affected by mental illness and to family members in need of support and information
JAK’s Place, located in Sturgeon Bay in Door County, is Lakeshore CAP’s unique local response to the shortage of mental health facilities and practitioners in rural Northeastern Wisconsin. Known as a mental health drop in center, JAK’s Place empowers adults with diagnosed mental illness by building support and providing the resources to move toward recovery.
The key to the success of this approach is to allow our clients to express their desires and become aware of their capabilities, resiliencies, talents and coping abilities. Focusing on assets they already possess will help illustrate how to acquire the missing pieces. JAK’s Place offers activities Mon thru Fri, 1PM-5PM. Refer to the current calendar below for professionally-facilitated support groups, social activities, and structured programs.
JAK’s Place Mental Health Sustainability Fundraiser 2021. Please consider donating once to a specific program OR as a monthly recurring donation. Your donated funds stay here at JAK’s Place in Door County and help with Sustainability. JAK’s Place “Wish List” campaign has different “Tiles” to choose how you want to make an Impact. Please consider choosing a tile and donating monthly. Thank you!
To easily make your DONATION, go to: give.classy.org/JAKSPLACE2021
JAK’s Place, a program of Lakeshore CAP, Inc. is incorporated in the state of Wisconsin and is exempt from federal income taxes under IRC 501c(3) as a nonprofit corporation. Your donation and contribution may be “tax deductible.” Your monetary gifts and donated items are sincerely appreciated! Without them, we are unable to provide necessary mental health services vital to our community. Please DONATE financially to JAK’s Place – or contact us for a list of items always needed! Please call 920-818-0525 with any questions about donations. See Lakeshore Community Action Program’s “Our Events” article on our current campaign at: https://lakeshorecap.org/jaks-place-fundraiser/
For updated information, follow: JAK’s Facebook
See Current Calendar for Monthly Activities
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently running groups both in person and virtually. As always, our groups are subject to change. Please call our office 920-818-0525 with any questions. We will make updates to JAK’s Place Facebook page with scheduling changes.
- We continue to offer our “Free Meal” to anyone in need. You must call 920-818-0525 or send a Facebook message for reservations. This “Pick-up Only” meal is on Tuesday nights between 5 PM-6 PM.
- Simon Rabas Youth Group every Tuesday from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM. This group will take place in-person. The youth group is for anyone 18 and under. If under the age of 14, you will need consent from parent or legal guardian.
- NEW starting in June — Knitting Group on Monday afternoon and a Skills Group on Friday morning.
Mental Health Resources
“Mental health awareness is the recognition that our psychological well-being is an important part of our own health, productivity, and happiness, as well as the well-being of our communities.” If you are struggling with difficult emotions during this time, you are not alone. Here are some other resources that may help:
During Immediate Risk of Suicide
- Call 911
- Go to the emergency room
- Call Door County Crisis/Suicide Intervention Hotline: (920)746-2588
Phone contact for those needing emotional support
- Call Door County DHHS, (920)746-7155 to request supportive contact from a therapist or case manager
- MESH (Mental and Emotional Support Helpline), staffed by volunteers through Door County Emergency Services Coalition; 920-421-9111 for Northern Door or 920-746-6927 for Central and Southern Door.
- A KIND VOICE, staffed by volunteers, 7 days a week, 8am to 9pm, 800-876-2399
- Text “Hopeline” to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline 800-273-8255
- Trevor Project for LGBTQ+, 866-488-7386 or text “START” to 678678
- National Veterans Support Line 800-273-8255 or text 838255
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Services 24 Hour Hotline, HELP of Door County, 920-743-8818 or 800-914-3571
- Mighty Teens Empowerment Door County, https://www.stridecreativedc.com/
- Prevention Resources: “Door County Mental Wellness” and “Prevent Suicide Door County” – Find us on FaceBook.
- Mental Health America, https://mhanational.org/
- National Alliance on Mental Health, https://www.nami.org/Home
Call for hours & more information:
Lakeshore CAP/JAK’s Place
Program Director — (920) 818-0525
Fax — (920) 818-0435