The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice

If you have not completed high school and want to seek more education or a better job, you have at least two options that can open the door to your future. Lakeshore CAP’s GED/HSED Program helps with tuition, books and fees and is available in Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Sheboygan and Calumet counties. You can request applications through your teachers.

Your first option is to take and pass the tests of General Educational Development (GED) and you will then be issued a Certificate of General Educational Development. Or you may expand your education by choosing the second option, a High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).

What’s the difference?

  • WITH an HSED, you can expect to make an average of $100,000 more in lifetime income than someone without a high school diploma.
  • WITHOUT a high school diploma or HSED, you are more likely to be out of work for longer periods of time than someone who has earned a high school diploma.



Call for information
on eligibility requirements:

Lakeshore CAP/Manitowoc
(920) 682-3737