PAT Home Visiting
Providing families the support needed to prepare children for healthy, responsible adult lives
The Parents as Teachers (PAT) Home Visiting Program at Lakeshore CAP offers family-focused services to expectant mothers/parents and families with new babies in Manitowoc County. Children who have nurturing, healthy and supportive experiences in their early years are much better prepared to succeed in school and life. Parent Educators work around your schedule and address issues such as:
- Maternal and child health
- Positive parenting practices
- Safe home environments
- Community resources
- Access to services
Weekly home visits provide individuals and families with educational information and parent-child activities to support parents as their child’s first and most important teacher! As part of the program, monthly group activities give families a wonderful opportunity to meet other parents with children of similar ages.
Following a community partner referral or a self-referral, a Parent Educator will contact you to determine eligibility. Please watch our Home Visiting video to learn more about it!
All enrolling families must either be prenatal or have a child under 9 months old and be residents of Manitowoc County. Some additional qualifying factors are:
- Parents who are prenatal and under the age of 21
- First-time parents
- Low income or receiving MA/BadgerCare/FoodShare/WIC/SSI
- A history of child maltreatment or interactions with child welfare services, as a child or as an adult
- History of substance abuse from anyone in the household
- Tobacco use from anyone in the household
- Low academic/student achievement from anyone in the household
- Child(ren) with suspected or diagnosed developmental delays or disabilities
- Families with individuals who are serving or have served in the Armed Forces
We can accommodate English, Spanish, and Hmong-speaking families.
Check our “Community Calendar“ for upcoming monthly Parent Cafés.
Revisa nuestro “Calendario Comunitario” para ver los meses de Parent Cafés.
Helping People; Changing Lives
Lakeshore CAP, Inc. is incorporated in the state of Wisconsin and is exempt from federal income taxes under IRC 501c(3) as a nonprofit corporation.