If you are a tenant or landlord in Wisconsin . . .
. . . join us for a FREE virtual presentation on Fair Housing on November 24, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Megan Wanke has worked in various roles for the Metropolitan Milwaukee Fair Housing Council (MMFHC) for over 15 years. During her tenure, Ms. Wanke has conducted intake of almost 2,000 fair housing complaints, assisted numerous MMFHC clients in successfully pursuing remedy through federal, state, and local administrative enforcement agencies, and trained over 3,000 landlords throughout Wisconsin on their responsibilities under federal, state, and local fair housing laws.
The presentation will include:
- MMFHC programs and services
- Protected classes under federal, state, and local fair housing laws
- Prohibited practices under federal, state, and local fair housing laws
- A special focus on disability discrimination, including reasonable accommodations like service or assistance animals
- An overview of the remedies available to victims of illegal housing discrimination
Lakeshore CAP offers Homelessness Prevention/Rental Assistance Programs at https://lakeshorecap.org/supportive-housing/
Helping the homeless or those at risk of becoming homeless maintain housing and work towards self-sufficiency.