NEW PROGRAM DIRECTOR FOR
LAKESHORE CAP’S JAK’S PLACE
Lakeshore CAP is pleased to announce Samuel Burris has been named JAK’s Place Program Director. In his role, Samuel oversees all mental health support programming at the facility. He will continue the tradition of working collaboratively with community partners to provide quality programming to those touched by mental illness. Samuel is a native of Door County with a passion for giving back to the community; therefore, we welcome him to our Lakeshore CAP team!
Mental Health Resource Center
The center works with those affected by mental illness and family members in need of support and information. JAK’s offers both structured and social activities Mon thru Fri, 1PM-5PM. For more information, see JAK’s Place Program or our Facebook page.
Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled.
LAKESHORE CAP – JAK’S PLACE PROGRAM DIRECTOR, STURGEON BAY IN DOOR COUNTY, WI
Full Time: 40 Hours/Week
JAK’s Place, a program of Lakeshore CAP that provides support groups and activities to its members, is seeking a full-time Program Director.
This position requires someone with the skills to work with community partners and funders to ensure that JAK’s programming meets the needs of the community and works to secure the funding necessary to carry out such programming. JAK’s Place is a drop-in social and resource center for anyone whose life has been affected in any way by mental illness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent and advocate for the program and agency as a whole with local community partners.
- Fundraise and establish donor relationships.
- Locate and apply for continuing funding for JAK’s Place and develop a plan for sustainable funding to meet the needs of JAK’s Place participants.
- Work with staff to formulate and schedule activities benefitting the clientele.
- Assemble the resources to support programs and activities with the assistance of Lakeshore CAP administrative staff.
- Responsible for maintenance of the physical assets of the program and keeping the facilities in good order.
- Recruit and chair a local Board of Advisors that have an interest in the programming of JAK’s Place.
- Collaborate with the Board of Advisors to develop a statement of need for the population served by the program.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other community partners and include them in program planning.
- Work with the Board of Advisors and Lakeshore CAP staff to maintain programming and institute new programming to serve the residents of Door County.
- Participate in Agency Management meetings with other team leaders.
- Gather data and develop reports for agency and program reporting purpose and grant writing.
- Supervise JAK’s Place program team members and assist them as necessary.
- Develop work plans with employees and work with them to achieve their goals.
- Seek out and facilitate an interdisciplinary approach to participant issues, seeking out practical and innovative solutions to problems presented.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures as necessary. Submit to Lakeshore CAP administrative staff for approval and adoption. Monitor and enforce these policies and procedures as necessary.
- Review and authorize department employee expense and travel requests/reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Degree from a four-year college or some college coursework and related work experience; preference will be given to those with a BA or equivalent degree and relevant work experience.
- Experience in grant preparation and administration.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle and be able to provide evidence of adequate insurance. Must be open to additional training as directed by management.
- Sick Time
- Personal Time
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 403b retirement
This position starts with a range of $17-$18/hr based upon experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Colleen, Lakeshore CAP, PO Box 2315, Manitowoc, WI 54221-2315
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin is located in beautiful Door County, a peninsula with over 300 miles of shoreline, five state parks, nineteen county parks, and year round activities. Throughout the changing seasons, each of the towns and villages offers something for everyone. Activities are endless — art galleries, live music and theater, cherry and apple orchards, golfing, boating, fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, and the list goes on. The changing seasons add to the beauty of the peninsula!
We are a non-profit agency serving four counties. Read our Vision & Mission, About Us and browse through our programs aimed at giving people a “hand up” at LakeshoreCAP.org
Read more about this program at: JAK’S Place
Lakeshore CAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment PNG Designed By FIK Artwork