HAVE YOU HAD A LOSS OF INCOME DUE TO COVID-19?
Mortgage and Water Utility Assistance Program
Solicitud de preselección de asistencia hipotecaria / de agua
Click on a link and fill out all information — that applies — for your household:
READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE FILLING OUT THE PRE-SCREEN APPLICATION!
This Mortgage and Water Utility Assistance Program is for residents of Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Door and Kewanee counties. Water utility assistance is also available for RENTERS through this same application (fill out only the parts that apply).
If your income has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and you are having trouble making your mortgage loan payment and/or water utility bill, please complete the above application. If contacted that you may be eligible for assistance, start locating/requesting the documents below:
- Documentation showing payments made between July 1, 2019 and the date you lost your income due to COVID-19.
- Bank statements for all checking and savings accounts for the 3 months prior to application.
- All income information, including unemployment, for the 3 months prior to application.
- Proof that you were not behind on mortgage payments or water utility bills until a COVID related incident happened.
- Photo ID of applicant (head of household only)
- Income statements for the 3 months prior to your loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Amount of government assistance received due to COVID-19 (other mortgage assistance, unemployment, water utility assistance, other).
- Plus, any other documentation requested by Lakeshore CAP.
- The house must be located in Manitowoc, Door, Sheboygan or Kewaunee county.
- The applicant must reside in the home for which the assistance is provided
- Household income must meet eligibility requirements. Chart located here:
Household Income Limits.pdf
- Head of Household must be able to document that unpaid mortgage and/or water utility payments were the result of a COVID-19-related loss.
- Household cannot be more than 5 months behind in payments.
For questions please call Lakeshore Community Action Program at: (920) 682-3737.
For new home buyer assistance, please see our web page at: https://lakeshorecap.org/home-buyer/