FEDERAL EVICTION MORATORIUM
The CDC has issued a federal eviction moratorium in effect starting 9/4/2020 until 12/31/2020.
You are still responsible to pay your rent and you must provide your landlord a declaration indicating that you cannot pay.
You should pay as much on your rent as you can each month because you will owe ALL of it at the end of the moratorium. A copy of the declaration should be posted online soon for tenants to download and sign.
Residents of Manitowoc, Door, Kewaunee and Sheboygan counties may apply for rental assistance by clicking on one of the applications on Lakeshore CAP’s homepage at https://lakeshorecap.org/. The WRAP application is for anyone who has lost income due to COVID-19.
Are you a first time renter or want to learn more about renting? Rent Smart can be a useful tool to increase the likelihood that a landlord will accept YOUR application. Consider taking this FREE online Zoom course! Follow link below to register:
Rent Smart is designed for people with little or no rental experience or those that have had difficulty obtaining rental housing. What you will learn:
- Planning for and meeting monthly expenses
- Tips for finding and maintaining affordable housing
- How to complete an application and why landlords screen applicants
- Strategies for building positive relationships with landlords and neighbors
- Responsibilities and rights of landlords and tenants