HAVE YOU HAD A LOSS OF INCOME DUE TO COVID-19?
Lakeshore Community Action Program
Property Tax Assistance
Click on this link and fill out all information to be considered for assistance. The application may also be found on our Home page at: https://lakeshorecap.org/
READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE FILLING OUT THE PROPERTY TAX ASSISTANCE PROGRAM PRE-SCREEN APPLICATION!
Lakeshore Community Action Program (CAP) is proud to announce a Property Assistance Program for residents of Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Door and Kewanee counties. We may provide up to $1000 of Property Tax assistance and help with water bills for eligible households.
If your income has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and you are having trouble making your property tax payment, please complete the pre-screen application. Should you be contacted that you may be eligible for assistance, please have on hand the documents below:
- Documentation showing payments made between July 1, 2019 and the date you lost your income due to COVID-19.
- Bank statements for all checking and savings accounts for the 3 months prior to application.
- All income information, including unemployment, for the 3 months prior to application.
- Proof that you were not behind on property tax payments until a COVID related incident happened.
- Photo ID of applicant (head of household only)
- Income statements for the 3 months prior to your loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Amount of other government assistance received due to COVID-19 (mortgage assistance, unemployment, etc.).
- Plus, any other documentation requested by Lakeshore CAP.
- The house must be located in Manitowoc, Door, Sheboygan or Kewaunee county.
- The applicant must reside in the home for which the assistance is provided
- Household income must be below 125% of the poverty level. Chart located here: Federal Poverty Limits
- Must be able to document that unpaid property taxes were the result of a COVID-19-related loss.
- Household must be behind in payments.
For questions please call Lakeshore Community Action Program at: (920) 682-3737.
If you meet eligibility requirements and are interested in BUYING a home, please see our web page at: https://lakeshorecap.org/home-buyer/