Mar 9, 2021 | Lakeshore CAP News
The Connections Counts Program serves families in Manitowoc County. This voluntary resource and referral program focuses on households with at least one child in the home under the age of five. The Community Connector provides education and support, evaluates and documents parent/caregiver strengths and needs, and assists families in developing a goal plan. This position also includes providing outreach to families in various settings to promote home visiting programs, attending community outreach events and gathering data to enter into database systems. See Lakeshore Community Action Program’s Connections Count Program at: https://lakeshorecap.org/connections-count/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide regularly scheduled visits for individualized parent education and support based on the family’s needs
- Build a trusting relationship with the family
- Build on the family’s strengths
- Interact with families in a culturally sensitive manner
- Provide an ongoing assessment of the family’s strengths and needs
- Provide strength-based, family-centered support as necessary
- Refer to other community resources as needed
- Maintain sustained contact with the household through regularly scheduled home visits
- Conduct third-party verification of services received
- Provide follow-up with the family and serve as a family advocate when necessary
- Maintain records, intake forms, statistical data, and other documentation
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree; Associate Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred or two years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Lived experience such as receiving services as a parent or for a child preferred.
Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance. Mileage for traveling to work-related outreach events and meetings is reimbursed by the agency.
Applicants must be willing to complete a background check in accordance with local law and regulations.
This position is 35 hours per week.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Lakeshore Community Action Program
PO Box 2315
Manitowoc, WI 54221-2315
Lakeshore CAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apr 15, 2020 | Lakeshore CAP News
This 40 hours per week temporary Supportive Housing Prevention Case Manager position works directly with those households that are at risk of homelessness as well as other clients who come to the agency with housing-related issues. The purpose of the position is to prevent households from becoming literally homeless by providing financial and other supportive services as needed to allow families to get back on their feet. The case manager determines eligibility for current programming and selects a program that meets the housing needs of each household. The case manager will work closely with partner agencies serving the same constituency.
This position is for approximately 6 months and is dependent upon funding availability. It is being offered as a result of COVID-19 and it’s impact on those that have lost income as a result of the pandemic. The duration of the position will depend on the actual funding amount that we receive as well as the speed with which the allocation is spent. Additional positions may become available.
This position may require travel to counties within our service area that include Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent and advocate for the program with local Community Partners, including attending various local meetings and our local housing coalition.
- Perform intake, confirm eligibility and perform assessment.
- Develop individual plans and monitor progress of participants while providing individual case management.
- Refer participants to relevant programs through LCAP and/or partners.
- Enter data in agency tracking system and maintain state HMIS data entry. Run necessary and applicable reports within data systems. Keep up-to-date with necessary training requirements.
- Participates in an interdisciplinary approach to client problems seeking out practical and innovative solutions to problems presented by working with other agency partners to address issues found in common among clients and programming.
- Represent the program in various professional groups and potential collaborations.
- Utilize strength-based language to motivate clients towards self-sufficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Preference will be given to those with a BA/BS or equivalent degree or have relevant work experience. Knowledge of current and available community resources is essential.
Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle. Must be able to provide evidence of adequate insurance if asked. Must be willing to undergo additional training as directed by management.
Full Time Temporary; $15/hour; 40 hours per week. (This job may be performed remotely/at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.) Lakeshore CAP offers paid sick time, personal time, holiday pay, and vacation.
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have the following license or certification: valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- How is your previous experience relevant to this role?
Apr 1, 2020 | Lakeshore CAP News
A New Training Program Designed to Develop Your Employment Skills!
Manitowoc Works is a 40-hour, 10-module training program that will run for 4 hours a day for two weeks. (You must be able to attend all sessions.) The dates will be determined when we have enough enrollees so — SIGN UP NOW!
- Gain knowledge and skills to help you obtain and maintain employment
- Take the TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education) math and reading sections, if needed
- Receive interview clothing, if needed (and available)
- Graduate and receive a completion certificate
- Have immediate interviews with participating employers!
The 10 Manitowoc Works Modules
See the exciting 10-module curriculum on the front of the Manitowoc Works flyer. Download or print, complete the application form on the back, and return as indicated below and on the flyer.
Return to Lakeshore CAP at 702 State St, Manitowoc or mail to Bree Siewert, Lakeshore CAP, PO Box 2315, Manitowoc, WI 54221-2315
If you need a form or have questions, please call Bree at 920-682-3737 or email BreeS@lakeshorecap.org
Manitowoc Works is a collaborative effort by Lakeshore CAP, US Bank, Lakeshore Technical College, Forward Services, The Haven, Catholic Charities, and other contributors.
Feb 11, 2020 | Lakeshore CAP News
CESA 7 HEAD START 0-5 FAMILY ADVOCATE POSITION IN MANITOWOC COUNTY
Head Start provides high quality early education for children and their families. We believe all families deserve support and respect as their child’s first teacher. We strive to meet all the developmental needs of children and families and help prepare them for school.
The family advocate role coordinates services and activities with families and communities that foster strength, healthy living, and overall well-being. They also provide support in a case management style and act as a liaison between families, staff, the community, and other family-related services. The family advocate encourages all family members to become advocates for their children and family.
The position is full time, 40 hrs/week during the school year with occasional nights and weekends. Bi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Prefer a degree in social work or a related field. Experience in home-visiting/case-management and experience working with families of diverse backgrounds, coursework and/or experience in early care/education services.
Wage ranges from $16.46-18.15/hour.
If interested, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. CESA 7 Head Start is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Application deadline is Monday, February 21st.
Join Us – Social Media