Community Connector Position!
The Connections Counts Program serves families in Manitowoc County. This voluntary resource and referral program focuses on households with at least one child in the home under the age of five. The Community Connector provides education and support, evaluates and documents parent/caregiver strengths and needs, and assists families in developing a goal plan. This position also includes providing outreach to families in various settings to promote home visiting programs, attending community outreach events and gathering data to enter into database systems. See Lakeshore Community Action Program’s Connections Count Program at: https://lakeshorecap.org/connections-count/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide regularly scheduled visits for individualized parent education and support based on the family’s needs
- Build a trusting relationship with the family
- Build on the family’s strengths
- Interact with families in a culturally sensitive manner
- Provide an ongoing assessment of the family’s strengths and needs
- Provide strength-based, family-centered support as necessary
- Refer to other community resources as needed
- Maintain sustained contact with the household through regularly scheduled home visits
- Conduct third-party verification of services received
- Provide follow-up with the family and serve as a family advocate when necessary
- Maintain records, intake forms, statistical data, and other documentation
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree; Associate Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred or two years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Lived experience such as receiving services as a parent or for a child preferred.
Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance. Mileage for traveling to work-related outreach events and meetings is reimbursed by the agency.
Applicants must be willing to complete a background check in accordance with local law and regulations.
This position is 35 hours per week.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
PO Box 2315
Manitowoc, WI 54221-2315
Lakeshore CAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Join Us – Social Media