Housing Case Manager Position
This 40 hours per week temporary Supportive Housing Prevention Case Manager position works directly with those households that are at risk of homelessness as well as other clients who come to the agency with housing-related issues. The purpose of the position is to prevent households from becoming literally homeless by providing financial and other supportive services as needed to allow families to get back on their feet. The case manager determines eligibility for current programming and selects a program that meets the housing needs of each household. The case manager will work closely with partner agencies serving the same constituency.
This position is for approximately 6 months and is dependent upon funding availability. It is being offered as a result of COVID-19 and it’s impact on those that have lost income as a result of the pandemic. The duration of the position will depend on the actual funding amount that we receive as well as the speed with which the allocation is spent. Additional positions may become available.
This position may require travel to counties within our service area that include Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent and advocate for the program with local Community Partners, including attending various local meetings and our local housing coalition.
- Perform intake, confirm eligibility and perform assessment.
- Develop individual plans and monitor progress of participants while providing individual case management.
- Refer participants to relevant programs through LCAP and/or partners.
- Enter data in agency tracking system and maintain state HMIS data entry. Run necessary and applicable reports within data systems. Keep up-to-date with necessary training requirements.
- Participates in an interdisciplinary approach to client problems seeking out practical and innovative solutions to problems presented by working with other agency partners to address issues found in common among clients and programming.
- Represent the program in various professional groups and potential collaborations.
- Utilize strength-based language to motivate clients towards self-sufficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Preference will be given to those with a BA/BS or equivalent degree or have relevant work experience. Knowledge of current and available community resources is essential.
Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle. Must be able to provide evidence of adequate insurance if asked. Must be willing to undergo additional training as directed by management.
Full Time Temporary; $15/hour; 40 hours per week. (This job may be performed remotely/at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.) Lakeshore CAP offers paid sick time, personal time, holiday pay, and vacation.
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have the following license or certification: valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- How is your previous experience relevant to this role?
Please apply through INDEED.COM at: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=case%20manager&l=Manitowoc%2C%20WI&vjk=2f57d16a87b3f767
Join Us – Social Media