Jan 27, 2021 | Area Events, Lakeshore CAP News
THROW WITH ALL YOUR HEART
Help Ascend Create Meaningful Experiences for Individuals With Exceptional Abilities!
|We created this fun and exciting event to draw awareness to the needs of our community’s individuals with disabilities.
We have all had a difficult year… but helping to create new and exciting opportunities for others can help us all rebuild – as a community.
That is why Ascend’s “Small Business Sponsors” (UnitedOne Credit Union and Seehafer News) partnered up to put money back into local, small businesses while bringing you exciting prizes.
Host a fundraiser, donate to the cause, support our small businesses . . . and have fun while you do it.
We want to see our entire community come out of this year stronger than ever. And we can only do that together.
Oct 21, 2020 | Area Events, Lakeshore CAP News
The Salvation Army of Sheboygan County
Each year The Salvation Army, thanks to this generous community, provides qualified area families with toys and gifts to ensure a Merry Christmas for all. If you or someone you know is experiencing financial difficulties this Christmas, please read the information below to sign up for Christmas Assistance. Families that meet our financial and residential guidelines with minor children living in the home will be accepted.
To register for Christmas Assistance online you must:
- Live in Sheboygan County, WISCONSIN
- Upload your Letter of Determination from Economic Support. Services from Economic Support include FoodShare, BadgerCare, Family Planning, WI Home Energy Assistance, and WI Shares. If you do not have a copy of this letter, please login to your account at https://access.wisconsin.gov/access/ or call 1-888-794-5556 to request a letter.
If you do not receive services from Economic Support, please click HERE to learn how to sign up.
- Upload an image of your current photo I.D. card
SIGN UP AVAILABLE ONLINE OCTOBER 1 – NOVEMBER 22, 2020
If you need further help signing up for Christmas Assistance for your family, please call 920-458-3723.
Oct 15, 2020 | Lakeshore CAP News
EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO VOTE!
The presidential election is set for Nov 3 and all polling locations will be open 7 AM – 8 PM that day. Voters must be registered and present a photo I.D., such as a driver’s license. Registration will also be available at each polling location for people who have been at their current residence for 10 days or longer. To register, people will need to provide proof of residence with a utility bill, bank statement, driver’s license, etc.
To find your polling place, follow this link and put in your address:
Manitowoc County Voter Information
After October 14th, those needing to register to vote can do so in the City Clerk’s office through 5 PM on October 30th or at their polling place on Election Day.
Voters who received their absentee ballot in the mail can mail their voted ballot back — or utilize one of the two drop boxes at City Hall. There is a drop box in the City Clerk’s office available during business hours (M-F 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM) and another available 24 hours on the southwest side of the City Hall.
In-person absentee voting starts Tuesday, October 20th and runs through Sunday, November 1st. Voters with questions on voting or registering to vote should contact the City Clerk’s office at 920-686-6950.
Find voting places in Manitowoc County by using the address link in the blue box above.
Door County Voter Information
Here is a comprehensive list of voting places in Door County by city (or use the link in the blue box above):
Sheboygan County Voter Information
The Sheboygan Press has a comprehensive list of absentee voting places. Voters in townships should check on their options for turning in absentee ballots with their clerk.
Here are the options of turning in absentee ballots for several areas throughout the county:
Find voting places in Sheboygan County by using the address link in the blue box above.
Kewaunee County Voter Information
Find voting places in Kewaunee County by using the address link in the blue box above.
Sep 30, 2020 | Area Events, Lakeshore CAP News
SHEBOYGAN ZOOM PARENT CAFÉS
Come together virtually to talk, listen and support other parents who have similar successes and challenges.
Sign up NOW for the upcoming Fall 2020 Sheboygan Parent Cafes. Your home via Zoom 6:00-7:30 PM. The first 10 people who register and attend will receive a $10 gift card!
For more information, contact Terri Schultze, 920-457-1999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sep 14, 2020 | Area Events
DATES: Sat October 10 – Sat October 17, 2020
Lincoln Park, Cabin #1
1215 N 8th St
Manitowoc, WI US 54220
Registration is now open for Ascend’s 2020 Run, Walk & Roll fundraiser! Here’s a little about what has changed:
- The run will not be officially timed this year. Feel free to time yourself!
- All events are currently available for on-site and virtual participation. If you run virtually, feel free to upload your times!
- As long as on-site participation is deemed safe by CDC guidelines and local government, we will assign staggered start times for any on-site events.
- Ascend will offer drive-through T-Shirt pick-up events prior to the 5k Run, Walk & Roll.
- We will not offer any self-serve food or beverage on-site this year. We will include a bottle of water in your T-Shirt pick-up.
Here are some details about your registration:
- Register a group of 4 to receive a discounted price – 20% less than individual registration!
- Receive a referral code in your confirmation email when you register online. If you refer 5 other people to sign up, you will receive a discount refund on your registration!
- This year you can choose your T-Shirt option: Green or Purple (shown on the website at https://runsignup.com/Race/WI/Manitowoc/AscendServices)!
- You will have an option to upgrade to a white crew-neck sweatshirt for $10 when you register online.
Please join us for another inspiring year supporting Manitowoc’s individuals with exceptional abilities!
Join Us – Social Media