COFFEE WITH CASA
January 8th, 8:00 – 8:45 AM
Let’s talk CASA! Join us virtually via zoom to learn more about volunteering as a Court Appointed Special Advocate! Our vulnerable youth in Manitowoc County need you to provide a voice!
Meeting ID: 815 3110 0859
CASA recruits, screens and trains everyday citizens from the community to be the voice of abused and neglected children in the courtroom, seeking to ensure them a safe and permanent home.
For fundraisers, events, to learn more about becoming a Special Advocate or to contact CASA of East Central Wisconsin, call Julie Ribley at (920) 242-6727 or go to https://www.facebook.com/ManitowocCASA/
2021 Sheboygan County Warming Center is Open!
We have worked hard to prepare for the Warming Center to open it’s doors on January 4th. Please take note of the changes this year. The Warming Center will be open January and February, Monday-Thursday, from 7 PM until 7:30 AM. 828 New Jersey Ave (St. Cyril Methodius Catholic Church Hall). Follow us at:
Guests arrive between 7:00pm and 7:45pm. After that they may only gain admittance with a police referral. Guests leaving after 7:45pm. may not re-enter. Guest limit of 20 due Covid-19 concerns. More information at: Warming Center Website
We do not have enough volunteers this year to be open 7 days a week. If you can, please VOLUNTEER! The Center also needs supplies that are listed on our Facebook page.
If you are facing homelessness in Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Door or Kewaunee County, click here: Lakeshore CAP’s Supportive Housing Program
2021 Sheboygan County Warming Center Needs VOLUNTEERS!
Please see this PDF document for information on the potential for a Warming Center in January and February 2021. Volunteers needed! Click on link to lend your support!
We are also in need of supplies. More information at: Warming Center Facebook and Warming Center Website
Your support and contributions will enable us to help provide shelter for our homeless community during the coldest winter months. Your generous donation will fund our mission.
Please send your gifts (Check by mail) payable to:Sheboygan County Warming Center, 1248 Lincoln Avenue, Sheboygan, WI 53081. Thank you for your support of this important community mission.
If you are facing homelessness in Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Door or Kewaunee County, click on Lakeshore CAP’s Supportive Housing Program
The Haven Manitowoc Beauty Brigade, E-Waste Brigade, and Drink Pouch Brigade Recycling Fundraisers
Beauty Brigade Recycling Info – The Haven now collects used personal care packaging to send in for reimbursement. Please help collect and ask others to collect as well.
This is an amazing way to help our community with homelessness prevention AND recycle your waste in the process! Accepted waste includes:
- Hair care packaging such as shampoo bottles and caps, conditioner bottles and caps, hair gel tubes and caps, hair spray bottles and triggers, and hair paste plastic jars and caps.
- Skin care packaging such as lip balm tubes, face soap dispensers and tubes, face lotion bottles, tubes, and plastic jars, body wash containers, soap tubes and dispensers, body lotion dispensers and bottles, shaving foam tubes (no cans), and hand lotion bottles and tubes.
- Cosmetics packaging such as lipstick cases, lip gloss tubes, mascara tubes, eye shadow cases, bronzer cases, foundation packaging and bottles, powder cases, eyeliner cases, eyeliner pencils, eye shadow tubes, concealer tubes, concealer sticks, and lip liner pencils.
Make your own collection box and collect items at any business, school, church, neighborhood or high traffic location. Drop off at The Haven.
Click on the following links for more information regarding the E-Waste Brigade and Drink Pouch Brigade:
VOLUNTEER NOW FOR THE SALVATION ARMY’S RED KETTLE BELL RINGERS!
It began 11/6/20. Have you reserved your shifts to ring bells at the Red Kettles and help to #RescueChristmas
? There are many open shifts and we cannot do it without YOU! Go to registertoring.com
or call 920-684-7117.
Exciting Safe Options to Donate!
How Are Red Kettle Funds Used?
The Red Kettle Campaign, the oldest annual charitable fundraiser of its kind in the United States, helps raise money for those who need it most in communities nationwide – providing toys for kids, coats for the homeless, food for the hungry and countless social service programs year-round.
Read Captain McFee’s inspiring story here: https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/red-kettle-history/.
His kettle idea launched a tradition that has spread not only throughout the United States, but all across the world. Kettles are now used in such distant lands as Korea, Japan, Chile and many European countries. Everywhere, public contributions to Salvation Army kettles enable the organization to continue its year-round efforts at helping those who would otherwise be forgotten.
MCM Free Community Christmas Dinner (Volunteers Needed!)
Manitowoc Cooperative Ministry (MCM) is a unique ministry of Peace United Church of Christ and First Presbyterian Church. We believe that even amid a Pandemic, people still deserve a special Christmas. So our Christmas Community Dinner on December 16, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM is still on. It will be different and this is where we need your help!
This year we will be serving meals-to-go carhop fashion. People will pull into the parking lot, elves will come to take orders, Mr and Mrs Santa will visit the cars with gifts for any kids. Music will be playing and Christmas joy will abound!
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
- ELVES — We need elves to take orders and deliver meals to cars. We are looking at three 30 minutes shifts. Each shift needs at least 12 volunteers (you could work more than one shift). Elves will be masked and have temperatures taken before their shift starts. Costumes encouraged!
- RUNNERS — We 4 people who can run food from the kitchen to our temporary serving kitchen in the Church Library. They can take 30 minutes shifts or work the whole night.
- GIFT BAGS — We need folks to create gifts bags for the kids. We estimate 100 might be needed in this way. They can have toys, sweets, storybook, ornament, etc… One bag “fits” all is the easiest. If you or your group could make/sponsor these that would be great! We don’t know what the cost would be.
- CLEAN UP — Clean-up will be different this year as will not have dishes from 230 diners to wash. But we still need a crew that wash, clean, sanitize.
- SET UP — Set will be done earlier in the day on Wednesday, Dec 16. We will be turning our Church Library into a warming/serving kitchen for the night so we can serve from a place right next to the Parking Lot.
- DONATIONS — This year we are looking raise $15,000! The cost has gone up as we need to take out containers of various shapes and sizes every week, We have had to buy new equipment and the big thing is we need to replace the old carpeting in the Dining Room (hopefully with tile).
Contact us if you have questions or can help!