The Lakeshore Community Action Program (CAP) mission is to promote economic and personal self-sufficiency and well-being of low to moderate income persons and families through service programs, advocacy, community education and resource development in Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc and Sheboygan counties, and to enable and empower all persons, parents and families through voluntary prevention, education and support.
Our vision is to foster stable, vibrant, poverty-free communities where everyone is inspired to reach their full potential.
To truly live our mission and ultimately achieve our vision, the following are LCAP’s values:
- Integrity: To do the right thing every time.
- Caring: To always interact towards others with empathy and compassion.
- Excellence: To strive to exceed expectations.
- Teamwork: To act as one through collaboration, cooperation, and communication.
- Perseverance: To tenaciously execute our objective.
Our Programs Include . . .
- COVID-19 assistance programs:
- Home buyer education & assistance
- Homelessness prevention/rental support
- Helping landlords fill apartments
- Food pantries (in 9 counties)
- Pregnant and/or parenting young children:
- Skills enhancement
- Respite care
- Mental health support
Activities for Qualified Households . . .
To further the Lakeshore CAP mission, activities are developed that fulfill the following primary needs for qualified households:
- Community services that meet basic needs for food, clothing and shelter
- Family development services that promote parent education and support
- Child services that provide protection from neglect and abuse
- Housing services to promote safe, decent and affordable home ownership
- Skills programming that stimulates job and business development
Like & Follow us on Facebook for our latest programs and events: Lakeshore CAP Facebook