THE CROSSING OF MANITOWOC COUNTY
The Crossing of Manitowoc County is a non-profit, Christian-based organization with a mission to offer life-affirming help to individuals facing unplanned pregnancies. We believe every person is valued and deserving. We provide free services that will strengthen families from all walks of life. We focus on the well-being of children through educating parents. We enable parents to better provide for, nurture and give value to their families.
Job Title: Development Director
Part Time, 20 hours weekly Wage: $16-18 per hour
Reports to: Executive Director
Qualifications and Skills
- Full agreement with the PSS Statements of Faith, Principle, Commitment, Confidentiality and Interpersonal Conflict resolution.
- Fundraising experience, (2 years preferable), with positive growth in donor and corporate relationship building.
- Good administrative, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written), understanding of marketing concepts, and public relations.
- Self-motivated, dependable, creative, resourceful and responsible.
- Computer friendly, familiar with excel, mail merge, Microsoft Office,
Note: everything in green is the responsibility of the Executive Director until further update.
Overview of Responsibilities
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Advancement Director (AD) will spearhead advancement efforts to provide for The Crossing as the organization continues to grow. Advancement Director will meet weekly with the Executive Director to report and discuss progress and challenges of securing financial support by managing fundraising events, and building relationships with churches, individuals, corporations and grantors, to insure the financial security of the organization.
- Serve as a member of the Advancement Committee
- Submit a monthly report to ED
- Submit fundraising revenue proposal in preparation for annual budget.
- Build relationships with community leaders
- Provide donor, corporate, church, and grantor giving statistics and comparisons; and program statistics, to help determine effectiveness and focus.
Coordinate with ED and volunteers to:
- Maintain up to date database of area churches and church contacts.
- Recruit and equip local church liaisons with information to promote The Crossing (i.e. baby bottle campaign, SOHLS, table hosts for fundraiser, diaper drives, etc.)
- Develop a plan for church visits, speaking engagements, and office tours.
- Acknowledge participating churches.
- Grow and recognize current corporate relationships.
- Initiate and develop new corporate relationships, schedule office tours and meetings, inviting collaboration for financial partnership, diaper drives, and underwriting.
- Develop and execute a strategy to recognize and reach out to new and current donors inviting them to greater participation.
- Timely response to donor concerns, requests, and gifts, with special attention to first time and key donors.
- Work with Advancement Team to strategize for annual fundraiser, and Change A Life Campaign, and other event ideas.
- Work with ED to execute and oversee events.
- Work with ED to develop narrative for grant writing.
- Write approx. 25 grants per year
- Maintain detailed note of grants written and received, due dates etc.
- Strategize to raise awareness of endowment and to build endowment base.
- Invite planned giving from donors, either to endowment or to operating revenue.
Mail or email cover letter and resume to:
Sue Bryntesen, Advancement Director
The Crossing of Manitowoc County
205 N 8th St, Manitowoc, WI 54220
Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled.
LAKESHORE CAP – JAK’S PLACE PROGRAM DIRECTOR, STURGEON BAY IN DOOR COUNTY, WI
Full Time: 40 Hours/Week
JAK’s Place, a program of Lakeshore CAP that provides support groups and activities to its members, is seeking a full-time Program Director.
This position requires someone with the skills to work with community partners and funders to ensure that JAK’s programming meets the needs of the community and works to secure the funding necessary to carry out such programming. JAK’s Place is a drop-in social and resource center for anyone whose life has been affected in any way by mental illness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent and advocate for the program and agency as a whole with local community partners.
- Fundraise and establish donor relationships.
- Locate and apply for continuing funding for JAK’s Place and develop a plan for sustainable funding to meet the needs of JAK’s Place participants.
- Work with staff to formulate and schedule activities benefitting the clientele.
- Assemble the resources to support programs and activities with the assistance of Lakeshore CAP administrative staff.
- Responsible for maintenance of the physical assets of the program and keeping the facilities in good order.
- Recruit and chair a local Board of Advisors that have an interest in the programming of JAK’s Place.
- Collaborate with the Board of Advisors to develop a statement of need for the population served by the program.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other community partners and include them in program planning.
- Work with the Board of Advisors and Lakeshore CAP staff to maintain programming and institute new programming to serve the residents of Door County.
- Participate in Agency Management meetings with other team leaders.
- Gather data and develop reports for agency and program reporting purpose and grant writing.
- Supervise JAK’s Place program team members and assist them as necessary.
- Develop work plans with employees and work with them to achieve their goals.
- Seek out and facilitate an interdisciplinary approach to participant issues, seeking out practical and innovative solutions to problems presented.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures as necessary. Submit to Lakeshore CAP administrative staff for approval and adoption. Monitor and enforce these policies and procedures as necessary.
- Review and authorize department employee expense and travel requests/reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Degree from a four-year college or some college coursework and related work experience; preference will be given to those with a BA or equivalent degree and relevant work experience.
- Experience in grant preparation and administration.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle and be able to provide evidence of adequate insurance. Must be open to additional training as directed by management.
- Sick Time
- Personal Time
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 403b retirement
This position starts with a range of $17-$18/hr based upon experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Colleen, Lakeshore CAP, PO Box 2315, Manitowoc, WI 54221-2315
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin is located in beautiful Door County, a peninsula with over 300 miles of shoreline, five state parks, nineteen county parks, and year round activities. Throughout the changing seasons, each of the towns and villages offers something for everyone. Activities are endless — art galleries, live music and theater, cherry and apple orchards, golfing, boating, fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, and the list goes on. The changing seasons add to the beauty of the peninsula!
We are a non-profit agency serving four counties. Read our Vision & Mission, About Us and browse through our programs aimed at giving people a “hand up” at LakeshoreCAP.org
Read more about this program at: JAK’S Place
Lakeshore CAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment PNG Designed By FIK Artwork