The Salvation Army Food Pantry
Mobile Pantry for Subsidized Senior/Disabled Apartments
Starting May 7th and scheduled at several subsidized senior/disabled apartment units the first three Fridays of the month — a Mobile Pantry! Feel free to check with your apartment manager to see if you are a scheduled location, or to encourage them to call us if you are not. The office number is 920-684-7117.
The pantry in Manitowoc is continuing to operate by appointment. We ask that clients call the OFFICE 920-684-7117 after 9 AM to schedule a same day, possibly next day, appointment.
The pantry is typically open 1-4:30 PM Monday and 9-12 & 1-4 PM Tuesday and Wednesday. If we do not have scheduled appointments through the end of the day we have closed early at times.
We also do accommodate the walk up client during open hours, at least the first time. We then encourage them to make an appointment for subsequent visits.
Clients are scheduled every 15 minutes. It is important to maintain social distancing for clients to schedule appointments and to arrive on time.
There is plenty of food! The TEFAP guidelines have also been relaxed for right now (see below chart). This means MANY more families qualify. Please use the pantry. We are here to help!
Eligibility & Income Requirements
Click on current COVID-19 eligibility and income requirements: Pantry Eligibility – English & Spanish
Lakeshore Community Action Program’s Door County Food Pantry is open for drive-up clients. Please see COVID-19 information on our web page at: https://lakeshorecap.org/door-county-food-pantry/
Other area county food pantries can be found on our TEFAP web page at: TEFAP Food Pantries in 9 counties
Mobile Free Food Distribution
Dates: Monday, February 1st and 8th
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Grow it Forward: 1501 Marshall St, Manitowoc
Stay in your car. One box per household unless you are picking up for someone else.
Grow it Forward is a non-profit organization providing people in need with dignified access to good food, along with opportunities to grow, cook, share, and advocate for it.
If you have the means, please consider making a monetary donation to support programs like these ➡️ https://grow-it-forward.networkforgood.com/projects/96954-grow-it-forward-hunger-relief-fund
As COVID-19 social distancing continues, please note there are still food pantries in Lakeshore CAP’s 9-county TEFAP oversight that are serving households in need. See this list for pantries and their distribution days/times/requirements:
MCM Free Community Christmas Dinner (Volunteers Needed!)
Manitowoc Cooperative Ministry (MCM) is a unique ministry of Peace United Church of Christ and First Presbyterian Church. We believe that even amid a Pandemic, people still deserve a special Christmas. So our Christmas Community Dinner on December 16, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM is still on. It will be different and this is where we need your help!
This year we will be serving meals-to-go carhop fashion. People will pull into the parking lot, elves will come to take orders, Mr and Mrs Santa will visit the cars with gifts for any kids. Music will be playing and Christmas joy will abound!
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
- ELVES — We need elves to take orders and deliver meals to cars. We are looking at three 30 minutes shifts. Each shift needs at least 12 volunteers (you could work more than one shift). Elves will be masked and have temperatures taken before their shift starts. Costumes encouraged!
- RUNNERS — We 4 people who can run food from the kitchen to our temporary serving kitchen in the Church Library. They can take 30 minutes shifts or work the whole night.
- GIFT BAGS — We need folks to create gifts bags for the kids. We estimate 100 might be needed in this way. They can have toys, sweets, storybook, ornament, etc… One bag “fits” all is the easiest. If you or your group could make/sponsor these that would be great! We don’t know what the cost would be.
- CLEAN UP — Clean-up will be different this year as will not have dishes from 230 diners to wash. But we still need a crew that wash, clean, sanitize.
- SET UP — Set will be done earlier in the day on Wednesday, Dec 16. We will be turning our Church Library into a warming/serving kitchen for the night so we can serve from a place right next to the Parking Lot.
- DONATIONS — This year we are looking raise $15,000! The cost has gone up as we need to take out containers of various shapes and sizes every week, We have had to buy new equipment and the big thing is we need to replace the old carpeting in the Dining Room (hopefully with tile).
Contact us if you have questions or can help!
The Salvation Army
~ Free Food for Seniors ~
Seniors age 60+ within the income guidelines may receive a supplemental box of food once a month. Bring a photo ID and proof o current address to sign up.
Persons eligible for CSFP are aged 60 and older and whose monthly income is at or below $1,354 for a single person or $1,832 for a family of two (for larger families add $479 for each additional member).
You may sign up at The Salvation Army Food Pantry during pantry hours (M 5:30-7PM, T&W 9-11:45 AM and 1-3:45 PM or on Thursdays at the main office (9 AM-4 PM). After you sign up in person, you may designate a proxy to pick up your future boxes for you.
The Salvation Army, Manitowoc WI
- Food Pantry: 402 N 9th St
- Main Office: 415 N 6th St
Office: 920-684-7117, Fax: 920-686-1608