The Connections Counts Program serves families in Manitowoc County. This voluntary resource and referral program focuses on households with at least one child in the home under the age of five. The Community Connector provides education and support, evaluates and documents parent/caregiver strengths and needs, and assists families in developing a goal plan. This position also includes providing outreach to families in various settings to promote home visiting programs, attending community outreach events and gathering data to enter into database systems. See Lakeshore Community Action Program’s Connections Count Program at: https://lakeshorecap.org/connections-count/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide regularly scheduled visits for individualized parent education and support based on the family’s needs
- Build a trusting relationship with the family
- Build on the family’s strengths
- Interact with families in a culturally sensitive manner
- Provide an ongoing assessment of the family’s strengths and needs
- Provide strength-based, family-centered support as necessary
- Refer to other community resources as needed
- Maintain sustained contact with the household through regularly scheduled home visits
- Conduct third-party verification of services received
- Provide follow-up with the family and serve as a family advocate when necessary
- Maintain records, intake forms, statistical data, and other documentation
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree; Associate Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred or two years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Lived experience such as receiving services as a parent or for a child preferred.
Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance. Mileage for traveling to work-related outreach events and meetings is reimbursed by the agency.
Applicants must be willing to complete a background check in accordance with local law and regulations.
This position is 35 hours per week.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Lakeshore Community Action Program
PO Box 2315
Manitowoc, WI 54221-2315
Lakeshore CAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THE CROSSING OF MANITOWOC COUNTY
The Crossing of Manitowoc County is a non-profit, Christian-based organization with a mission to offer life-affirming help to individuals facing unplanned pregnancies. We believe every person is valued and deserving. We provide free services that will strengthen families from all walks of life. We focus on the well-being of children through educating parents. We enable parents to better provide for, nurture and give value to their families.
Job Title: Development Director
Part Time, 20 hours weekly Wage: $16-18 per hour
Reports to: Executive Director
Qualifications and Skills
- Full agreement with the PSS Statements of Faith, Principle, Commitment, Confidentiality and Interpersonal Conflict resolution.
- Fundraising experience, (2 years preferable), with positive growth in donor and corporate relationship building.
- Good administrative, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written), understanding of marketing concepts, and public relations.
- Self-motivated, dependable, creative, resourceful and responsible.
- Computer friendly, familiar with excel, mail merge, Microsoft Office,
Note: everything in green is the responsibility of the Executive Director until further update.
Overview of Responsibilities
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Advancement Director (AD) will spearhead advancement efforts to provide for The Crossing as the organization continues to grow. Advancement Director will meet weekly with the Executive Director to report and discuss progress and challenges of securing financial support by managing fundraising events, and building relationships with churches, individuals, corporations and grantors, to insure the financial security of the organization.
- Serve as a member of the Advancement Committee
- Submit a monthly report to ED
- Submit fundraising revenue proposal in preparation for annual budget.
- Build relationships with community leaders
- Provide donor, corporate, church, and grantor giving statistics and comparisons; and program statistics, to help determine effectiveness and focus.
Coordinate with ED and volunteers to:
- Maintain up to date database of area churches and church contacts.
- Recruit and equip local church liaisons with information to promote The Crossing (i.e. baby bottle campaign, SOHLS, table hosts for fundraiser, diaper drives, etc.)
- Develop a plan for church visits, speaking engagements, and office tours.
- Acknowledge participating churches.
- Grow and recognize current corporate relationships.
- Initiate and develop new corporate relationships, schedule office tours and meetings, inviting collaboration for financial partnership, diaper drives, and underwriting.
- Develop and execute a strategy to recognize and reach out to new and current donors inviting them to greater participation.
- Timely response to donor concerns, requests, and gifts, with special attention to first time and key donors.
- Work with Advancement Team to strategize for annual fundraiser, and Change A Life Campaign, and other event ideas.
- Work with ED to execute and oversee events.
- Work with ED to develop narrative for grant writing.
- Write approx. 25 grants per year
- Maintain detailed note of grants written and received, due dates etc.
- Strategize to raise awareness of endowment and to build endowment base.
- Invite planned giving from donors, either to endowment or to operating revenue.
Mail or email cover letter and resume to:
Sue Bryntesen, Advancement Director
The Crossing of Manitowoc County
205 N 8th St, Manitowoc, WI 54220