Community Connector Position!
The Connections Counts Program serves families in Manitowoc County. This voluntary resource and referral program focuses on households with at least one child in the home under the age of five. The Community Connector provides education and support, evaluates and documents parent/caregiver strengths and needs, and assists families in developing a goal plan. This position also includes providing outreach to families in various settings to promote home visiting programs, attending community outreach events and gathering data to enter into database systems. See Lakeshore Community Action Program’s Connections Count Program at: https://lakeshorecap.org/connections-count/
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide regularly scheduled visits for individualized parent education and support based on the family’s needs
- Build a trusting relationship with the family
- Build on the family’s strengths
- Interact with families in a culturally sensitive manner
- Provide an ongoing assessment of the family’s strengths and needs
- Provide strength-based, family-centered support as necessary
- Refer to other community resources as needed
- Maintain sustained contact with the household through regularly scheduled home visits
- Conduct third-party verification of services received
- Provide follow-up with the family and serve as a family advocate when necessary
- Maintain records, intake forms, statistical data, and other documentation
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree; Associate Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred or two years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Lived experience such as receiving services as a parent or for a child preferred.
Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance. Mileage for traveling to work-related outreach events and meetings is reimbursed by the agency.
Applicants must be willing to complete a background check in accordance with local law and regulations.
This position is 35 hours per week.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
PO Box 2315
Manitowoc, WI 54221-2315
Lakeshore CAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CESA 7 Head Start Asst & Substitute Asst Teachers
CESA 7 HEAD START
ASSISTANT TEACHER VACANCY
Join the CESA 7 Head Start team! Head Start provides high quality early education for children and their families. We believe all families deserve support and respect as their child’s first teacher. We strive to meet all the developmental needs of children and families and help prepare them for school. Assistant Teachers assist the center-based teacher to provide a safe, positive, experiential, well-prepared classroom learning environment and provides a welcoming and supportive environment for families.
- Education Qualifications:
- Minimum qualification: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Early childhood and/or child care with preschool children
Positions available are for 27 hours/week. Hours are 6 hours/day Monday through Thursday anywhere between 7-4; Fridays from 8-11 with occasional evenings and additional hours on Fridays for professional development.
- This is a school year position starting mid-August.
- Pay rate: $12.95-15.18/hour
SUBSTITUTE ASSISTANT TEACHERS
- Education Qualifications:
- Minimum qualifications – High School Diploma
- Preferred: Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Early childhood and/or child care with preschool children;
- Must be willing to participate in orientation training, background checks, and health requirements
We are looking for subs in both Manitowoc and Brown County.
- Schedule is Monday throughThursday during school hours.
- Starting pay is $11.48/hr
- Deadline for applications is August 3, 2020
If interested in any of these positions, please contact Janel Dietrich, Office Manager, at email@example.com for an application.
See more about us at: https://www.facebook.com/headstart0to5/
Development Director Position
THE CROSSING OF MANITOWOC COUNTY
The Crossing of Manitowoc County is a non-profit, Christian-based organization with a mission to offer life-affirming help to individuals facing unplanned pregnancies. We believe every person is valued and deserving. We provide free services that will strengthen families from all walks of life. We focus on the well-being of children through educating parents. We enable parents to better provide for, nurture and give value to their families.
Job Title: Development Director
Part Time, 20 hours weekly Wage: $16-18 per hour
Reports to: Executive Director
Qualifications and Skills
- Full agreement with the PSS Statements of Faith, Principle, Commitment, Confidentiality and Interpersonal Conflict resolution.
- Fundraising experience, (2 years preferable), with positive growth in donor and corporate relationship building.
- Good administrative, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written), understanding of marketing concepts, and public relations.
- Self-motivated, dependable, creative, resourceful and responsible.
- Computer friendly, familiar with excel, mail merge, Microsoft Office,
Note: everything in green is the responsibility of the Executive Director until further update.
Overview of Responsibilities
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Advancement Director (AD) will spearhead advancement efforts to provide for The Crossing as the organization continues to grow. Advancement Director will meet weekly with the Executive Director to report and discuss progress and challenges of securing financial support by managing fundraising events, and building relationships with churches, individuals, corporations and grantors, to insure the financial security of the organization.
- Serve as a member of the Advancement Committee
- Submit a monthly report to ED
- Submit fundraising revenue proposal in preparation for annual budget.
- Build relationships with community leaders
- Provide donor, corporate, church, and grantor giving statistics and comparisons; and program statistics, to help determine effectiveness and focus.
Coordinate with ED and volunteers to:
- Maintain up to date database of area churches and church contacts.
- Recruit and equip local church liaisons with information to promote The Crossing (i.e. baby bottle campaign, SOHLS, table hosts for fundraiser, diaper drives, etc.)
- Develop a plan for church visits, speaking engagements, and office tours.
- Acknowledge participating churches.
- Grow and recognize current corporate relationships.
- Initiate and develop new corporate relationships, schedule office tours and meetings, inviting collaboration for financial partnership, diaper drives, and underwriting.
- Develop and execute a strategy to recognize and reach out to new and current donors inviting them to greater participation.
- Timely response to donor concerns, requests, and gifts, with special attention to first time and key donors.
- Work with Advancement Team to strategize for annual fundraiser, and Change A Life Campaign, and other event ideas.
- Work with ED to execute and oversee events.
- Work with ED to develop narrative for grant writing.
- Write approx. 25 grants per year
- Maintain detailed note of grants written and received, due dates etc.
- Strategize to raise awareness of endowment and to build endowment base.
- Invite planned giving from donors, either to endowment or to operating revenue.
Mail or email cover letter and resume to:
Sue Bryntesen, Advancement Director
The Crossing of Manitowoc County
205 N 8th St, Manitowoc, WI 54220
Housing Case Manager Position
This 40 hours per week temporary Supportive Housing Prevention Case Manager position works directly with those households that are at risk of homelessness as well as other clients who come to the agency with housing-related issues. The purpose of the position is to prevent households from becoming literally homeless by providing financial and other supportive services as needed to allow families to get back on their feet. The case manager determines eligibility for current programming and selects a program that meets the housing needs of each household. The case manager will work closely with partner agencies serving the same constituency.
This position is for approximately 6 months and is dependent upon funding availability. It is being offered as a result of COVID-19 and it’s impact on those that have lost income as a result of the pandemic. The duration of the position will depend on the actual funding amount that we receive as well as the speed with which the allocation is spent. Additional positions may become available.
This position may require travel to counties within our service area that include Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent and advocate for the program with local Community Partners, including attending various local meetings and our local housing coalition.
- Perform intake, confirm eligibility and perform assessment.
- Develop individual plans and monitor progress of participants while providing individual case management.
- Refer participants to relevant programs through LCAP and/or partners.
- Enter data in agency tracking system and maintain state HMIS data entry. Run necessary and applicable reports within data systems. Keep up-to-date with necessary training requirements.
- Participates in an interdisciplinary approach to client problems seeking out practical and innovative solutions to problems presented by working with other agency partners to address issues found in common among clients and programming.
- Represent the program in various professional groups and potential collaborations.
- Utilize strength-based language to motivate clients towards self-sufficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Preference will be given to those with a BA/BS or equivalent degree or have relevant work experience. Knowledge of current and available community resources is essential.
Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle. Must be able to provide evidence of adequate insurance if asked. Must be willing to undergo additional training as directed by management.
Full Time Temporary; $15/hour; 40 hours per week. (This job may be performed remotely/at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.) Lakeshore CAP offers paid sick time, personal time, holiday pay, and vacation.
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have the following license or certification: valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- How is your previous experience relevant to this role?
Please apply through INDEED.COM at: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=case%20manager&l=Manitowoc%2C%20WI&vjk=2f57d16a87b3f767
Join Us – Social Media