THANK YOU, PIGGLY WIGGLY!
A special thank you to all of the Piggly Wiggly staff in Manitowoc and Two Rivers, the community for their “round-up” donations, participants, and donors who made the 2020 Pig Walk a huge success despite the pandemic! This donation helps Lakeshore CAP provide resources and assistance to those experiencing homelessness in our community. Peggy and Alex- this couldn’t be done without your direction, leadership and can-do attitude!
Come out for Fox’s Piggly Wiggly Annual Pig to Pig Walk!
A Fundraiser for Lakeshore CAP’s Supportive Housing/Homelessness Prevention Program
The Pig to Pig Walk is coming up on September 12th! The proceeds support our programs that prevent homelessness by providing rental assistance to those in need. Registration can be done at the service desk at both Manitowoc and Two Rivers locations! We hope to see you there!
- Saturday, September 12, 2020
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Starting at Fox’s Manitowoc Piggly Wiggly and ending at Fox’s Two Rivers Piggly Wiggly
A 6 mile walk along scenic Lake Michigan!
- $15.00 donation per person
- $30.00 per family (2-4 people); each additional person $5.00
Contact Piggly Wiggly at 920-682-4931 or 920-794-8931 for more information and visit either store to register for the event!
Thank You!!! Your participation helps Lakeshore CAP:
- Provide programming and case management to those most in need in our community and helps households realize their goal of becoming self-sufficient
- Provide assistance outside of our strict funding limitations by providing apartment supplies, security deposits and supportive services to our households
The Haven Manitowoc Beauty Brigade, E-Waste Brigade, and Drink Pouch Brigade Recycling Fundraisers
Beauty Brigade Recycling Info – The Haven now collects used personal care packaging to send in for reimbursement. Please help collect and ask others to collect as well.
This is an amazing way to help our community with homelessness prevention AND recycle your waste in the process! Accepted waste includes:
- Hair care packaging such as shampoo bottles and caps, conditioner bottles and caps, hair gel tubes and caps, hair spray bottles and triggers, and hair paste plastic jars and caps.
- Skin care packaging such as lip balm tubes, face soap dispensers and tubes, face lotion bottles, tubes, and plastic jars, body wash containers, soap tubes and dispensers, body lotion dispensers and bottles, shaving foam tubes (no cans), and hand lotion bottles and tubes.
- Cosmetics packaging such as lipstick cases, lip gloss tubes, mascara tubes, eye shadow cases, bronzer cases, foundation packaging and bottles, powder cases, eyeliner cases, eyeliner pencils, eye shadow tubes, concealer tubes, concealer sticks, and lip liner pencils.
Make your own collection box and collect items at any business, school, church, neighborhood or high traffic location. Drop off at The Haven.
Click on the following links for more information regarding the E-Waste Brigade and Drink Pouch Brigade:
MCM Free Community Christmas Dinner (Volunteers Needed!)
Manitowoc Cooperative Ministry (MCM) is a unique ministry of Peace United Church of Christ and First Presbyterian Church. We believe that even amid a Pandemic, people still deserve a special Christmas. So our Christmas Community Dinner on December 16, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM is still on. It will be different and this is where we need your help!
This year we will be serving meals-to-go carhop fashion. People will pull into the parking lot, elves will come to take orders, Mr and Mrs Santa will visit the cars with gifts for any kids. Music will be playing and Christmas joy will abound!
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
- ELVES — We need elves to take orders and deliver meals to cars. We are looking at three 30 minutes shifts. Each shift needs at least 12 volunteers (you could work more than one shift). Elves will be masked and have temperatures taken before their shift starts. Costumes encouraged!
- RUNNERS — We 4 people who can run food from the kitchen to our temporary serving kitchen in the Church Library. They can take 30 minutes shifts or work the whole night.
- GIFT BAGS — We need folks to create gifts bags for the kids. We estimate 100 might be needed in this way. They can have toys, sweets, storybook, ornament, etc… One bag “fits” all is the easiest. If you or your group could make/sponsor these that would be great! We don’t know what the cost would be.
- CLEAN UP — Clean-up will be different this year as will not have dishes from 230 diners to wash. But we still need a crew that wash, clean, sanitize.
- SET UP — Set will be done earlier in the day on Wednesday, Dec 16. We will be turning our Church Library into a warming/serving kitchen for the night so we can serve from a place right next to the Parking Lot.
- DONATIONS — This year we are looking raise $15,000! The cost has gone up as we need to take out containers of various shapes and sizes every week, We have had to buy new equipment and the big thing is we need to replace the old carpeting in the Dining Room (hopefully with tile).
Contact us if you have questions or can help!
Join us for our first ever Virtual Cardboard City!
November 1st to November 14th
Join us for this year’s Cardboard City event, a fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity, The Haven, and Hope House. All 3 agencies are working to help the homeless in our community.
Cardboard City is a homeless experience where individuals, families or groups will spend the night in cardboard boxes, simple tents, or in their own car to experience what many homeless families and individuals go through. A simple meal will be served for dinner and there will be activities, entertainment and presentations throughout the evening.
If you are interested in attending this event please contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Missed the deadline to sign up to participate? Fear not! You still can! Participants still have the opportunity to participate and help raise money toward homelessness as Hope House, Habitat for Humanity, and The Haven partner together to help our community.
Prizes will be awarded to the team or individual with the most money raised and the best cardboard shelter.
Even if you can’t participate this year, give us a share so we can keep fighting this fight together and bring awareness. You can share — and sign up — by clicking on this Facebook page: