May is “Community Action Program Month!”
Lakeshore CAP is Celebrating Our Mission in May ♥“Community Action Month”♥
The need for Community Action has never been greater. Neither has our resolve. We’re challenged to create solutions that don’t just help people stay afloat but build lives of stability, dignity, and, whenever possible, prosperity. And we will rise to that challenge. Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live.
Whether our neighbors are experiencing a temporary set back or have been priced out
of affordable housing – too many struggle to achieve a good quality of life. Despite
America’s economic recovery, nearly 40 million of us are still living in poverty and even more are just one missed paycheck away from hardship. We believe everyone should be
able to take care of their families and have an equal opportunity at success. The nation’s Community Action network – including 1,000 plus Community Action Agencies – are
a robust, national, state, and local force, reaching children and families in 99% of America’s
counties with life changing services that create pathways to opportunity and prosperity.
Lakeshore CAP’s Mission
The Lakeshore Community Action Program (CAP) mission is to promote economic and personal self-sufficiency and well-being of low to moderate income persons and families through service programs, advocacy, community education and resource development in Door, Kewaunee, Manitowoc and Sheboygan counties, and to enable and empower all persons, parents and families through voluntary prevention, education and support.
Our vision is to foster stable, vibrant, poverty-free communities where everyone is inspired to reach their full potential.
To truly live our mission and ultimately achieve our vision, the following are Lakeshore CAP’s values:
- Integrity: To do the right thing every time.
- Caring: To always interact towards others with empathy and compassion.
- Excellence: To strive to exceed expectations.
- Teamwork: To act as one through collaboration, cooperation, and communication.
- Perseverance: To tenaciously execute our objective.
Our Programs Include . . .
- COVID-19 assistance programs:
- Home buyer education & assistance
- Homelessness prevention/rental support
- Helping landlords fill apartments
- Food pantries (in 9 counties)
- Pregnant and/or parenting young children:
- Skills enhancement
- Respite care
- Mental health support
Activities for Qualified Households . . .
To further the Lakeshore CAP mission, activities are developed that fulfill the following primary needs for qualified households:
- Community services that meet basic needs for food, clothing and shelter
- Family development services that promote parent education and support
- Child services that provide protection from neglect and abuse
- Housing services to promote safe, decent and affordable home ownership
- Skills programming that stimulates job and business development
Like & Follow us on Facebook for our latest programs and events: Lakeshore CAP Facebook
Join Us – Social Media