TEMPORARY CDC EVICTION MORATORIUM
If you are a landlord or tenant, this is important information regarding the eviction moratorium. Follow these links for information in English and Spanish:
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention released an emergency order to stop residential evictions from September 4 to December 31, 2020. Learn more about how to use this protection and if you qualify from our fact sheet below. The CDC’s eviction moratorium started on 9/4, but you are NOT automatically covered. If you wish to use the waiver because you cannot pay your rent, you must sign this statement and provide it to your landlord.
To fill out a declaration form to get this protection, you can find one at:
For frequently asked questions, follow this link: Landlord / Tenant COVID-19 FAQ
If you are being evicted, Legal Action may be able to help you. Call (855) 947-2529 and learn more at legalaction.org.
Need help in Manitowoc, Door, Kewaunee or Sheboygan counties? Have you lost income due to COVID-19 or are just unable to pay your rent? You can apply for assistance by visiting www.lakeshorecap.org and clicking on either the WRAP Pre-Screen application link or downloading/printing a Rental Assistance application, available in both English and Spanish.
Ha perdido sus ingresos debido al COVID-19 y no ha podido pagar su renta?
Ahora puede aplicar para la asistencia al visitar www.lakeshorecap.org
y hacer click en el enlace para aplicación de preevaluació. Esta disponible en iglés y español.
DON’T LET YOUR UTILITY BILLS PILE UP
SHEBOYGAN SALVATION ARMY OFFERS UTILITY ASSISTANCE
Assistance may be available to you for Alliant Energy, Wisconsin Public Service, Sheboygan Falls Utilities, Sheboygan Water Utility, Plymouth Utilities, and WE Energies if you meet eligibility requirements:
- Be a resident of Sheboygan County.
- Have a loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Have contacted the following agencies in your area for assistance.
- Economic Support (920-208-5946)
- St. Vincent De Paul (920-457-4844 ext 101)
- Have contacted the CA Plus Program through Alliant Energy (if the utility bill you are seeking help with is Alliant Energy) to discuss eligibility for financial assistance. (800-975-5785).
- Have made a personal payment of $30.00 or more within the last 60 days.
- Completed a Utility Assistance Application for The Salvation Army submitted to The Salvation Army so that the General Needs Case Worker can contact you if you qualify.
LAKESHORE CAP WRAP PROGRAM MAY INCLUDE ENERGY ASSISTANCE
Some utilities may also be covered if you qualify for Lakeshore CAP’s WRAP (Wisconsin Rental Assistance Program). Please apply online in English or Spanish at https://lakeshorecap.org/